Volunteer work in Romania
I am active as a volunteer for several non-governmental organisations.
Local Progress Association
Together with two neighbors we founded a local Progress Association which was active from 2014 till 2022. Our goal was to mediate between the village inhabitants and authorities. We persuaded the mayor to asphalt roads, maintain dirt roads, extend the public street light network, organise spring and autumn cleaning actions of public space, in winter to clear snow of the roads, and more.
We organised a village picnic with the aim for the inhabitants to get to know each other (even) better.
"Every child deserves a Story"
In December 2018 I participated in KeepGiving and OvidiuRo's project "Every child deserves a Story" ("Fiecare copil merita o Poveste"). The project consisted of donations of 10.000 children books for pre-scholers in the county Sibiu, with the purpose to encourage literacy amongst children in the country side.
Together with my friend Andreea we visited two kindergartens and we read with the children "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?" by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle.
Each child received a copy of both books, so they can read it at home (with their parents). The children's enthusiasm and participation was inspiring and heart warming.
CosyMo's Solar Cinema
CosyMo's Solar Cinema was on their European Tour 2010 and I organised their Sibiu event. It was Europe's first traveling film-festival hosted by a mobile (open air) cinema that is powered entirely by solar energy. The tour was a cross border project which promoted cultural diversity through film and encouraged the use of sustainable energy in a different and inspiring way.
I arranged the reservation of location, authorisations, design, printing and distribution of promotional material, press releases, etc.
Friends of Storks "Prietenii Berzelor"
Friends of Storks is a NGO that looks after wounded storks. They are always looking for ways to finance their activities, so between 2009 and 2011 we organised several events together:
- International Children's Day 2011: basketball event for students of the National Colleges 'Octavian Goga' and 'Gheorghe Lazar'.
- Sibiu Twestival 2009 which raised money for Friends of Storks. Because of this event the City Hall of Cristian donated 2.000 m2 of land to build a care centre for wounded and abandoned storks. And it helped them to win a project for funding their promotional materials.
- I helped to set up an information centre in the fortified church of Cristian. From here one can make excursions, including a climb in the tower of the church where an observation point with telescope is set up.
- We set up a network of non-governmental organisations with the aim of cooperating on projects and sharing facilities, materials and volunteers. The network comes together several times per year. Projects included development of an "Eco" school in the Hipodrom and Gusterita neighborhoods in Sibiu, and creation of touristic cycling routes and hiking trails in the Sibiu region.
- Organisation of tree planting actions at a kindergarten in Sibiu and in Magura Park in Cisnadie
- Project Adopt a river: remediation of river banks along the Olt river. Initiated by 'Asociata Salvati Dunarea si Delta', 'RomTelecom' and 'Apele Romana'
Contact me for more details
If you want more information on any of the projects, or would like me to
work on your project, please contact me. I work with governments, project developers, NGOs and private companies.
by mobile at: +40 731 135 952
or by email at: